Monday, March 19, 2007

Poor Zowie!




Poor Zowie she had a rough spring break. We had her spayed as well as a hernia removed over the past week. She has about a 6 inch incision on her belly that has been stapled shut. She had a few pain issues so we had to have her put on more meds. We were at the vet everday during the week except for Sunday. The poor thing has to wear a satellite dish looking thing on her head to keep her from messing with her bo-bo, at least she gets good reception. :) The bad thing is tha when we are gone we have to keep her locked up in the bathroom so she will not jump. We had a bright idea to use cardboard to block her from tearing up the door and you can see what she did to it.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

I am sorry to hear that Zowie had so much trouble with her procedure.

I can empathize, as I had the same procedure many years ago. Of course this all started because brilliant Karen thought I was dying and ate something I shouldn't because I was moaning and rubbing my belly against the floor. She rushed me to the emergency room in the middle of the night, so the vet could say, "Congratulations she's in heat. That'll be $70."

She should have save the seventy bucks and found me a man. That would have solved the problem for all of us.

Ah, such fond memories.

--Penelope (the cat)

Check out my bog:
http://penelopeandsadie.blogspot.com/